The The Mystery Blogger Award : Thank you for receiving the award nomination.
I received the award from Rob/targo76 over at his great blog My Side of the Laundry Room. Thanks, pal! Honored by your nomination. Keep on the great work of writing about stuff that is close to your heart (that is what matters and what drives us; we’re not here to make money, are we?)
This is what the award is about
The rules in a nutshell
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
1. to 4. is taken care of. Let’s continue with the interesting stuff. 🙂
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- I am a huge Vintage Masters of the Universe fan.
Born in 1976, I grew up with these figures in early 1980s Southern West Germany. I think I started playing with the figures in 1983. Up until around 1988, the toy line and everything surrounding it (Filmation cartoon, 1987 live action movie), MotU was a central part of my childhood life and I have more than fond memories of that time.
- I go the movies every week with my pals.
Grown up in the 80s, the “golden age of movies” as I like to call it (LOL), I loved going to the movies ever since. For about 10 years now, my pals and I go to the movies at least once a week. A good tradition. Last movie I watched: “Passengers” (a rather good one!)
- I live in Southern Germany
Although I am writing in English, you might have noticed that I am not a native speaker of that language (;-)). I live in the Southern part of Germany next to Stuttgart where famous auto-makers Porsche and Mercedes-Benz originate.
My questions to answer from Rob/Targo76:
What is the greatest advise you have ever been given? By whom?
It’s nice to be a hard. But it is hard to be nice.Sounds like a trivial saying but I think it’s not. This was said to me10 years ago by a high-ranking manager within my company. At that time it sounded like one of these calender sayings. The more experiences I made over the last couple of years, the more this saying proved right. I try to stick to that credo.
Is there anything you feel like you’ve been a fan of before anyone else?
I always loved ‘blogging’ (even when it was not called that). I experimented with it back in 1999 using HTML and a free website. Did this for a while and it was fun. I knew this was getting back later in the digital age. And now here we are. Everyone is blogging 😉
If you could live in any fantasy setting from movies, comics, literature etc…., where would it be? Why?
DEFINITELY that would be Eternia! 🙂
If you had a time machine but it could only travel within your history, where/when would you go?
Probably that trip would would kill me, but: I would love to see real-life Dinosaurs. So that would be quite a long trip back in time. 🙂
(The weird one) What’s your favorite Mickey Rooney movie/role?
Here in Germany, we are not so familiar with or aware of actor Mickey Rooney. I googled him up to see if there is a movie of him that I have watched. I do remember him 1989’s Erik the Viking.
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
I wanna stick to those 7 (Quality before quantity). I nominated:
2. My Side of the Laundry Room. I don’t care if you nominated me. You’re good. You need to be nominated.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Will do right after I posted this! 🙂
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Why are you writing?
- What is your favorite 80s TV series?
- What is the worst movie you remember ever watching?
- What is the most beautiful thing in the city you live in?
- If you were given a 1000 Dollars/Euros/Random currency of your choice and needed to spend it on ‘fun things’ within 24 hours – what would be the scenario? 🙂
Share a link to your best post(s)
I started my blog back in April 2016 because I felt like I needed to write on fun things and things that move me on the private side of my life. I did not want to do a blog on one topic only and leave it rather open to any creative idea my wacky mind may come up with. 😉
For my Masters of the Universe related posts, I very much like this one:
Go Creative: Top 5 wildest ideas that became a MotU figure.
That text just reflects my attitude towards MotU: I just love noticing that charming crazy things about vintage MotU that just makes it the most powerful toy line in the world!
Being a big movie fan and of Arnold Schwarzenegger the man himself, it was one-in-a-lifetime event to attend the 2015 Terminator Genisys movie premiere in Berlin. Arnold attended the screening and it was just great. I captured that moment in a movie related video post and it was also one of my first posts:
Meeting Arnold (June 2015)
Thanks for the read and the nomination! 🙂